After the best month ever travelling, it feels good to be back to normality and my routine this week. However I’m not feeling so good about the dark mornings creeping in (Monday morning was a definite struggle this morning!) It’s hard to believe summer is really gone now. I wore my winter coat for the first time today, and the panic of the winter wardrobe has well and truly set in. I did a bit of unplanned shopping today as a result – I think I’ll do a haul of some sort next week on my Snapchat to show you what I got.
Anyway, the last week in Disneyland with Primark has to go down as one of the coolest trips I’ve ever been on. I literally woke up on Sunday morning and thought “Was that a dream?” … but it wasn’t and I have lots of updates to come, I’ll be sharing those posts over the next few weeks so keep an eye out 🙂 In the meantime check out the #PrimarkxDisney hashtag on Instagram to see some of our photos.
I wanted to fill you all in something I’ve been asked about quite a bit about recently – my hair extensions. My hair has had more or less the same cut and colour for the past 7/8 years, and I thought it was time for a change (but not a drastic one), so just over 2 weeks ago I got Rapture Hair extensions put in by Grace in Peter Mark (Grafton Street). Mainly for volume, but also for a little bit of length. Hair extensions were definitely something I would have been very cautious about, I have just heard so many horror stories, so I had a consultation with Grace in Peter Mark before getting them. We matched up my colour perfectly, she showed me how they went in and explained the maintenance of them – so I felt very much at ease.
Now for the nitty gritty details a few of you have been asking for:
- The hair is 100% ethically sourced Indian hair, which is really good quality! Even after a week of holidays (Barcelona), where I washed, dried and curled my hair every day. They still feel very soft and are in great condition.
- They are stuck in using medical adhesive strip – so it’s really not damaging for your own hair at all.
- They are replaced every 6 – 8 weeks – this means you’re not leaving your hair too long without the care it needs. It then takes only 45 mins to get them reapplied – sure I’d barely have my own hair washed and dried in that time 🙂
- My extensions are the 16inch extensions, in colour 22 and 23.
- Usually a full head is 6 packets.
- Price wise it’s best to go into Peter Mark for a consultation – everyone is different so prices vary, but a half a head starts from €220 & a full head starts from €420.
I’m really loving them so far. If you are considering extensions, whether it be just for volume or for length – I couldn’t recommend Rapture more!
If you have any more questions on them be sure to drop me a message on Snapchat (lou1409)
Have a great week,
Photos by Brid O’Donovan