I hope you are all having a good week. I’m finally getting around to posting this look from NYFW (much later than expected).
If you follow me I’m sure you’ve probably noticed how crazy busy this month has been. Between Lisbon, New York and London I’ve had an amazing September and time is just flying by. The madness hasn’t quite ended yet, and I’m not complaining haha. Next week I’ll be heading to Ibiza with Kevin Murphy for two days to celebrate the launch of the BEDROOM.HAIR spray, so I’m taking this weekend to recharge my batteries.
I shot this look on my last day of fashion week, before my last show – John Paul Ataker, where I saw Taylor Hill and Karlie Kloss walk. Even though I was tired after a busy few days, I was on an absolute high and left the city feeling really inspired and motivated. I’m so glad I did NYFW this year, as last minute as it was, it all fell together so well and it honestly wasn’t a bit stressful.
Here are some tips for anyone thinking of going to a Fashion Week:
- Start looking into it – it always sounds and seems more daunting than it is
- Register for the official fashion week if you can, I’ve found this tougher where there is a language barrier (like Milan), but with London and New York it was very straight forward
- Look up the schedule for the fashion week, and bare in mind this schedule usually only includes the big shows. Email the press contact, introduce yourself, explain the coverage you can provide and express your interest in attending the show
- Email any contacts you have that may have connections to any of the shows you hope to go to
- Create a schedule
- Look up previous fashion weeks for outfit ideas (I looked to my favourite bloggers, YouTube, best dressed lists etc)
- BRING FLATS (it always looks so glam but trust me walking around in heels all day is just not possible)
- Enjoy every second 🙂
If you have any more questions feel free to message me I’m happy to help 🙂
Now I just have to decide which fashion week I will hit this February: NY again? London? Milan? Paris? What do you think? 🙂
Thanks for reading guys, I’ll be back soon with more,
Photos by Claire Peterson